Sometimes, seeing something done properly is the best way to learn how to do it yourself. On the other hand, seeing it done incorrectly can be just as beneficial, as long as you can notice and understand the errors involved and how to avoid these in your own work.
This is especially true when it comes to writing. At Write to Top, we offer you both sides of the coin: we will regularly post samples of essays, reports, summaries, and letters written by our site visitors as well as our own samples.
Student samples (these include score and in some cases edits and notes)
IELTS Academic Task 1
IELTS General Task 1
Samples written by Adam (some have an accompanying video)
- Sample 1. IELTS Discussion Essay with/without Opinion: Education
- Sample 2. IELTS Discussion Essay with/without Opinion: Internet
- Sample 3. IELTS General Task1 Semi-formal
- Sample 4. IELTS Academic Task1 Line Graph
- Sample 5. IELTS Essay – Country vs. City – 3 Versions
- Sample 6. IELTS Academic Task1 bar graph
- Sample 7. IELTS Task 2 – Child Obesity
- Sample 8. IELTS Essay – Agree: Arts Educations
- Sample 9. IELTS Essay – Two-part Questions: Public Transportation
- Sample 10. IELTS Essay – Compare & Choose: Guided vs. Solo travel
Note not all samples are accompanied by the original task given. Unfortunately, copyright laws do not allow us to present all the materials used for these samples. However, if the writer was successful in his or her attempt, the task itself should be self-evident.